For over 100 years, seniors at NC State alongside the Office of Annual Giving have come together to educate their peers on the importance of being an lifelong donor to NC State. Every gift, every year, every size impacts the NC State now and in the future. Reflecting on your time as a student and identifying an area that has impacted you allows other students to have that same extraordinary experience.
Senior Campaign FAQ
Isn’t my tuition my gift?
Tuition covers about a third of the cost of a student’s education. After state funding and grants there is another third that funded by the generous support and financial gifts from NC State alumni, students, corporations/foundations, faculty/staff, and friends. Private support is instrumental in your experience at NC State. Just as college tuition is an investment in yourself, joining the senior campaign is an investment in all NC State students now and in the future.
Paying It Forward
“The Senior Campaign is one way that I can give back to NC State. The campaign allows me to make a lasting impact through my gift which will allow future students to have the same Wolfpack experience that I have had. The campaign is also my way of saying thank you to all of the previous donors that have made this NC State experience possible for me.” – Matthew Cherry ’19, Senior Campaign Chair
Who can give to the Senior Campaign?
A senior is recognized as any student graduating in May, August or December of the current academic year. For example, a student graduating in May or August of 2019 or December of 2018 is a member of the 2019 class and therefore represented by the 2019 Class Gift Campaign.
Why should I give to the Senior Class Gift?
Since 1913, seniors have united every year under one common goal: to leave their alma mater a little better than they found it. It marks the start of your legacy while giving back to the University.
How can I make a gift?
The Class of 2019 can choose to make a gift via credit card or cash at a Senior Campaign event throughout the year or online.
How do I get involved?
The Senior Campaign is always looking for new committee members to help spread our mission of philanthropy and leaving our senior legacy. Committee members are needed to help make the various events held throughout the year possible and communicate our mission of leaving our senior impact! If you’re interested, please contact Matthew Cherry, the 2019 Senior Campaign Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
There are many reasons to join the Senior Campaign. Here are just a few:
- It Has Impacted You: The Senior Campaign makes a lasting impact on every area of campus. No matter your major or extracurricular activities, your time as part of the Pack was made better by previous seniors’ gifts.
- You Choose: YOU have the opportunity to make your mark anywhere at the University. Choose from over hundreds of funds when making your gift. These funds include your college, Greek Life, NC State Wellness and Recreation, the libraries, athletic programs, student life, and many more.
- Make History: Wouldn’t it be great if your class held a high Senior Campaign participation rate?
- Increase NC State University’s ranking in U.S. News & World Report: Did you know that donor participation has an effect on the rankings for top universities? The more people who give back to NC State, the better it ranks, and the better you and your degree look.
Get More Involved
You can apply to be a Class of 2019 Senior Campaign Ambassador! We are looking for seniors who are passionate about NC State and making a lifelong impact. Our ambassadors will help educate their peer networks on the importance of philanthropy and the difference we can make when we come together as a class.
Ambassadors can expect:
- 1-2 meetings per month with coordinators and committee members
- Leadership and teamwork experience gained from planning events for the class of 2019
- Free food, NC State swag, prizes, and invites to special events
- The opportunity to give back to the Wolfpack community for years to come!
Carry on the senior class tradition!Give Now