At NC State, our bold ambition leads us forward in solving the grand challenges of a complicated world. Our passion for providing opportunity is matched with intellectual rigor, hard work and a clear-eyed, courageous vision of a university that makes a difference. Like the generations that walked these bricks before us, with your support, we think beyond boundaries and do the extraordinary.
Support NC State
Our Campaign sets big, bold goals for NC State. We need your help to reach them.Give Now
The Think and Do the Extraordinary Campaign is the most ambitious fundraising effort in the history of NC State, with a goal of $1.6 billion in private support from the university’s remarkable alumni and friends.
Meeting this goal will allow NC State to achieve its potential as one of the most vital and prestigious research universities on the planet.
The Campaign was launched publicly on Oct. 28, 2016. Its goal must be met or exceeded before its conclusion on Dec. 31, 2021. To ensure that happens, NC State needs you.
Our Campaign Priorities
We’ve mapped out a big, bold future for NC State: increasing scholarships and fellowships, strengthening our faculty and their research, and extending education and opportunity to tens of thousands of students. Discover how you can help support Extraordinary Opportunity, Places, Purpose, Experience and Leadership.Learn more
Campaign Successes to Date
As of May 2019, dedicated supporters of NC State have helped us achieve more than 93% of our Campaign goal. This means an exceptional education is more accessible, our students can participate in more high-impact experiences that shape their careers and lives, and our faculty have more of the resources they need to undertake research that will help address our world’s most urgent challenges. Private support is making a difference throughout the university, thanks to the strength of the Pack.
Beyond a Building
The future home of innovation, Fitts-Woolard Hall on Centennial Campus will be one of the most dynamic research and education environments in the world.
A Legacy of Innovation
The Wilson family boasts three generations of NC State College of Textiles alumni. With their transformative gift, the family establishes the Wilson College of Textiles.
More Campaign Highlights
86,000 Donors and Counting
The Campaign has received gifts from all 100 North Carolina counties and all 50 states — and we’re going global.
- More than 500 new scholarships and fellowships created
- 80 new endowed faculty positions established, including the Stephen P. Zelnak Jr. dean’s chair in the Poole College of Management and the Dr. Kady M. Gjessing and Rahna M. Davidson Distinguished Chair in Gerontology in the College of Veterinary Medicine (laying the foundation for the first veterinary gerontology program of its kind in the United States)
- First endowed center at NC State: Moise A. Khayrallah Center for Lebanese Diaspora Studies in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Reopening of the renovated and expanded Gregg Museum of Art & Design
- Dedication of James T. Valvano Arena at Reynolds Coliseum
- Groundbreaking for the new Plant Sciences Initiative Building scheduled for the fall of 2019
- $1.3 billion endowment, among the top 100 largest higher-education endowments in the country
Our university was founded with a mission: to create economic, societal and intellectual prosperity for the people of North Carolina and the United States. Our Campaign will empower us to deliver on and exceed that mission — today, tomorrow and far into the future.
By the close of the Campaign, NC State will:
- Offer our 35,000-plus students more high-impact educational opportunities both inside and outside the classroom
- Increase the number of scholarships and fellowships for students
- Grow our faculty, providing support through endowed professorships
- Increase the annual contribution to the statewide economy through our research advances and innovative technologies
- Have a more robust endowment to better position NC State for generations to come